New Australian Sensation?

Flickr

Ben White, Journalist

Looking for a new pop band that brings something unique to the table? Then look no further than the Australian, indie pop band Sheppard. Sheppard’s debut album “Bombs Away” recently released in the United States on March 10, 2014.

Despite the fact that Sheppard just released their first album, the band is very well known throughout Australia. In 2009, Sheppard was formed in Brisbane, the capital of the Australian state Queensland. The main members of the band consists of siblings George, Amy, and Emma Sheppard. As the band expanded, the Sheppard family added in two guitarists, Jay Bovino and Michael Butler. The band also added in drummer Jared Tredly. From the time they were children, Bovino and Butler have been close family friends with the Sheppards. They share the same passion for music and eventually later came on board with the band.

Their 2009 hit ,“Let Me Down Easy”, earned Sheppard TV time and musical appearances throughout Australia. This eventually led to national recognition here in the US in recent months. Throughout the album “Bombs Away”, any listener will notice the positive tone that is present in every single one of their songs. The main song in this album is “Geronimo”. Other popular songs in this album are “Something’s Missing” and “Let Me Down Easy” to name a few.

Unfortunately, the remainder of songs on Sheppard’s album did not impress me. In songs such as “Let Me Down Easy”, the lyrics grab a listener’s attention at the beginning but the sound of the track becomes very dull and repetitive. It almost sounds like a song with the wrong instruments. The only song that had a really good overall sound was “Geronimo”.

Pop groups are typically known for their very broad and simple lyrics along with the same beat over and over. Sheppard does a great job of breaking this stereotype on their single “Geronimo” but fails to do so on the rest of the tracks.

However, CFHS junior Mark Williams feels that Sheppard is a great pop band. Williams said, “Sheppard is one of the best pop bands I have heard in a while. I’m glad they have grown popularity here in America.” Sheppard plans to release another album the summer of 2015.

Overall, Sheppard is a well oriented pop group throughout Australia who continues to make a name for themselves in America. If you are looking for a new pop group, check out Sheppard’s hit album “Bombs Away” and decide for yourself.

• New Australian Sensation?

Health and Wellness

Justin Bieber Back At It Again With The New Album

• New Australian Sensation?

Health and Wellness

A Taste of the Philippines

• New Australian Sensation?

Health and Wellness

Improve Your Health at AZ Core Nutrition

• New Australian Sensation?

Health and Wellness

Golden Dragon Review

• New Australian Sensation?

Health and Wellness

Downtown Hotspot

• New Australian Sensation?

Health and Wellness

How To Spend Your Saturday Nights

• New Australian Sensation?

Health and Wellness

Tucson Tamale Company Review

• New Australian Sensation?

Health and Wellness

VMA’s: Yay or Nay

• New Australian Sensation?

Health and Wellness

IQ Fresh Review

• New Australian Sensation?

Health and Wellness

Zona 78 Review

New Australian Sensation?