Zona 78 Review

Photographer:[email protected]

Photo Credit: azdesertswarm.com

Katy Nowicki, Journalist

It seems there has been a lot of attention towards Zona 78, an Italian restaurant here in Tucson. There are plenty of eateries that serve Italian cuisine, but Zona differs in the way that their plates offer a mix between American and Italian dishes.

Zona 78 is open at all locations Monday through Sunday. the Tanque Verde location is open from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.

Likewise, the River location is open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays and Sundays from noon to 9 p.m.

Their menu offers a variety of food, for those craving a simple salad, to those who are looking for a pizza, sandwich, soup and much more. Not to mention, they have a separate menu dedicated to dessert foods for those craving sweets.

Zona 78 is very well-known for their sandwiches such as their Tuscan Panini. The sandwich is a fan favorite that consists of an Italian style with a kick. Filled with ingredients such as chicken, cheese, peppers, onions and a chipotle mayo sauce, it is the perfect choice for savory flavor.

Junior Jordyn Lovallo states, “It sounds like a good restaurant to go to. I would go there and give it a try.”

The atmosphere of the restaurant is overall calming. Everyone is always having a good time socializing with friends and family while they enjoy their meals. It is truly a great place to bring a group of friends and have a night out.

The Zona staff is welcoming and helpful, as soon as a customer walks in, the hostess is there to greet them and bring them to their table. Everyone who works there is well-educated on the menu, they are able to help customers who don’t know what to order.

The prices range from $6 to $19 depending on the dish. Many of the soups and salads are cheaper than the bigger meals such as sandwiches and pizzas.

The portion sizes are also great for those going out with friends because the meals could easily be split. Orders such as salads are able to come in half sizes rather than full, however, for other meals such as sandwiches and pizzas, they are most likely to be shared with friends. That is what makes Zona 78 the perfect spot for all ages and many different occasions.   

The food, service and employees meet high expectations for an enjoyable dining experience.

• Zona 78 Review

Health and Wellness

Justin Bieber Back At It Again With The New Album

• Zona 78 Review

Health and Wellness

A Taste of the Philippines

• Zona 78 Review

Health and Wellness

Improve Your Health at AZ Core Nutrition

• Zona 78 Review

Health and Wellness

Golden Dragon Review

• Zona 78 Review

Health and Wellness

Downtown Hotspot

• Zona 78 Review

Health and Wellness

How To Spend Your Saturday Nights

• Zona 78 Review

Health and Wellness

Tucson Tamale Company Review

• Zona 78 Review

Health and Wellness

VMA’s: Yay or Nay

• Zona 78 Review

Health and Wellness

IQ Fresh Review

• Zona 78 Review

Health and Wellness

We All Scream for Cashew Ice Cream

Zona 78 Review