IQ Fresh Review

Taylor McMahan, Journalist

Is your IQ Fresh? Do you need more brain food? With the University of Arizona starting classes on Monday, Aug. 24 it is no surprise that the dining options on campus are pretty diverse just like the students who reside there. One restaurant stood out from the others. Located in the student union is a little stand called IQ Fresh, and they are doing Mediterranean food and smoothies like no other.

With 12 different smoothie options it was hard for a smoothie addict to choose which one they would be enjoying. It came down to either the “Smart Tart” with desert passion juice or the “Peachy Professor” which obviously is based with peaches. In the end, the decision was too hard and the five dollar price of both was too good to pass up so both were purchased.

The Smart Tart had a taste of both pineapple and peaches. The texture of the smoothie was a little off because there were bits of pineapple that caused the smoothie to be slightly gritty. Overall, it was not the best smoothie, nor was it the worst.

Now onto the better of the two, the Peachy Professor. Not only did this smoothie have a cheeky name, but the flavor and consistency was by far one of the best to ever be experienced in a smoothie. The different components could definitely be tasted in the smoothie including orange juice, vanilla yogurt, raspberries, and obviously peaches. The consistency was extremely smooth, almost like frozen yogurt, with very little grit. A person can tell it is a good smoothie when they get slightly sad as they finish it.

Senior Erin Garrett speaks of her time at IQ Fresh with love in her heart, “It is my absolute favorite smoothie place, you can really taste the freshness that they provide,” she says.

Next time around their wide variety of wraps, salads, and gyros will be tested for sure. If you are ever around the UA Union between 8 A.M. and 8 P.M. you should  definitely stop by IQ Fresh and give it a try!

• IQ Fresh Review

Health and Wellness

Justin Bieber Back At It Again With The New Album

• IQ Fresh Review

Health and Wellness

A Taste of the Philippines

• IQ Fresh Review

Health and Wellness

Improve Your Health at AZ Core Nutrition

• IQ Fresh Review

Health and Wellness

Golden Dragon Review

• IQ Fresh Review

Health and Wellness

Downtown Hotspot

• IQ Fresh Review

Health and Wellness

How To Spend Your Saturday Nights

• IQ Fresh Review

Health and Wellness

Tucson Tamale Company Review

• IQ Fresh Review

Health and Wellness

VMA’s: Yay or Nay

• IQ Fresh Review

Health and Wellness

Zona 78 Review

• IQ Fresh Review

Health and Wellness

We All Scream for Cashew Ice Cream

IQ Fresh Review