Improve Your Health at AZ Core Nutrition

Credit: Rachel Davis

Credit: Rachel Davis

Victoria Ariate-Jover, Journalist

Are you ever looking through your peer’s snapchat stories and see that they have a delicious looking shake? It’s typically in an ordinary, clear plastic cup with a straw. Those amazing shakes are from a nutrition club on Campbell and Fort Lowell called AZ Core Nutrition.

Have you never heard of a nutrition club before? It is a place in which a variety of people come together and talk about nutrition and improve it by bettering or altering their overall diet.

AZ Core Nutrition has been open since 2012 and is very popular with a lot of Catalina Foothills High School students. I am a regular at Core and every time I go I always see one or two CFHS students.

All of the products they use are from a nutrition company called HerbaLife, whose goal is to keep leading in nutrition and weight management. The products they have come in the form of protein shake powders, teas, aloe vera cleanse, and metabolism boosting pills.  

When you first get there, the owner JD or his employee, Rachel, start you off with an aloe vera shot which hydrates your body. You then proceed to fill out a club card telling them which flavor tea and shake you would like.

The tea flavors that are available to you are original, lemon, cinnamon, peach, raspberry and chai. You can get the tea hot or cold, but I prefer cold. There are other flavors such as original green tea, pomegranate, and NRG, but they are not metabolism boosting teas.

After you choose your tea you finally get to the fun part, choosing your shake! There are around 37 different types of shakes to choose from and a few more on a secret menu. The variety is absolutely insane and sometimes overwhelming. If you’re craving something vanilla, you can get vanilla almond. Feeling chocolatey? Try the delicious dutch chocolate.

There are fruity flavors such as strawberry banana, key lime pie, orange julius, and strawberry. For coffee lovers there are flavors such as chocolate cappuccino, jamocha fudge, and just original coffee. And finally if you want something with a cookies and cream taste there is wedding cake, snickers, cinnamon roll and butterfinger. Keep in mind that there are many more flavors available.

My personal favorites are the raspberry tea and for the shake, wedding cake, blueberry muffin and thin mint. Raspberry flavor is the most well-known out of the teas since it’s the less bitter flavor. The tea itself is harsh, but the raspberry helps take that taste out of your mouth.

As for the shakes the wedding cake has been my favorite since the day I tried it. The flavor of the shake is very sweet, just the way I like it. Blueberry muffin and thin mint come close to wedding cake, but wedding cake will forever be my go-to shake.

Unlike other protein shakes, these don’t contain that chalky taste and texture. It is very smooth and filling. With the three drink steps, it is a full meal replacement and actually satisfies your body leaving you energized.

“I’ve been going to Core for a few months now and I love the health benefits and how personal the service is,” Senior Samantha Massagali said.

AZ Core Nutrition is open Monday-Saturday. Monday-Friday it’s open from 8 P.M. to 6 P.M. and Saturday it’s open 10 A.M. to 2 P.M.

• Improve Your Health at AZ Core Nutrition

Health and Wellness

Justin Bieber Back At It Again With The New Album

Health and Wellness

A Taste of the Philippines

Health and Wellness

Golden Dragon Review

Health and Wellness

Downtown Hotspot

Health and Wellness

How To Spend Your Saturday Nights

Health and Wellness

Tucson Tamale Company Review

Health and Wellness

VMA’s: Yay or Nay

Health and Wellness

IQ Fresh Review

Health and Wellness

Zona 78 Review

Health and Wellness

We All Scream for Cashew Ice Cream