Academic Resources at CFHS

With the school year just underway, students are beginning to find themselves with more and more school work daily. The workload can get overwhelming, but students should know there are always several ways to get help.

Students that find themselves struggling can always go to the Nest, a tutoring center open to any Catalina Foothills High School student before and after school. Students can also go to the Nest during a free period or study hall via appointment.

The Nest is staffed by National Honor Society students who are available before school between 7:45 and 8:35 and after school between 3:30 and 4:15 located in Room 403 in House 2. Students who have a free period are encouraged to come in during that time as well. The Nest facilitator is Brianne McConnell and can be contacted by email at [email protected].

Students are also encouraged to check Parent Internet Viewer daily and check teacher websites if they miss any class time. Websites such as kahnacademy.com also offer online mini lessons for students.

Lastly, counselors are available by appointment and during lunches. Sophomores through Seniors with last names beginning with A-E can contact Tammy Nation, last names F-L contact Ms. Bayley, M-R contact Ms. McCrea, and S-Z should contact Mrs. Petrillo. All freshman seeking a counselor should contact Ms. Collier.

Academic Resources at CFHS