Dying to Join DECA?

Falcons, no more worrying about what club to join! As the school year begins clubs start opening up and there are many opportunities to be part of any club. One club that has made waves throughout the Foothills community is the Catalina Foothills High School DECA chapter. This is a business club where competition involves real-life situations and is great experience for college.

If you would like to be apart of this large award-winning group, your chance has come! In September, there will be two meetings for DECA. The first was a short informational meeting on September 8th, where the advisor and officers, were be introduced and shared all the opportunities DECA has.

These events include District Competition where last year the chapter brought home 25 medals, winning first in half of the events entered. We also had the opportunity to send one of our members to the international competition in Atlanta, Georgia. If you choose to join DECA you’ll be able to go to District, and State competing for a spot to go to International Competition in Orlando, Florida.

A longer meeting will take place September 22nd, at 3:30 p.m. in House Four, room 707, so if you’re not able to make the first meeting there are several opportunities to come learn what CFHS DECA is about!

DECA is focused on role plays which will place you into a situation you will encounter sometime during your life, whether it be in an interview or what your job entails. You compete against other people in your section to take home the medals. It’s fantastic for college and after college experience, along with the club being very welcoming to anyone who would like to join in.

DECA and all other clubs will be at Club Fair, Friday September 19th, at both lunches in the Plaza.

Dying to Join DECA?