Student Art Makes Cover of Transition Conference Brochure

CFHS student Joshua Fielding-Singh created the cover title for the 14th annual Transition Conference brochure. His cover title is a collage of classic Arizona scenery that spells out “Promote Strengths & Inspires Success.” That phrase has become the slogan of the conference for this year.

The Transition Conference of Arizona took place August 25 through 27 at the Talking Stick Resort in Scottsdale. The conference is a collaborative development that provides information needed for the transition process of youth and young adults with disabilities. It includes lunch and breakfast, national speaker appearances, state-level experts, and audience participation.

The 21 national speakers that presented included Dr. Thomas Armstrong, who is the executive director of the American Institute for Learning and Human Development and an award-winning author and speaker who has been an educator for the past 40 years. Other presenters that spoke have similar accomplishments. To view them visit: http://bit.ly/1pd8M83

The event was sponsored by the Arizona Department of Education (Exceptional Student Services), Arizona Department of Economic Security (Rehabilitation Services Administration, Vocational Rehabilitation), Arizona Department of Economic Security (Division of Developmental Disabilities, and Arizona Department of Health Services (Office for Children with Special Health Care Needs). With these sponsors, it was sure to be a successful event.

Along with Joshua’s title, there is an image of a tiger on the cover. The tiger was done by Emily Coburn of the Art Institute of Phoenix. Together, Joshua’s title and Emily’s tiger perfectly harmonize to create a beautiful cover.

CFHS student Hannah Beskind added, “It really catches the viewer’s eye because the tiger itself looks at the viewer directly in the eyes. The art [by Joshua] inspires everyone to succeed and find strength through the toughest of times. How beautiful!”

The informative brochure represents other student art throughout the brochure. Eleven other students are represented in the brochure with their art on various pages, but it was Catalina Foothills High School’s very own Joshua Fielding-Singh that made the cover. His artwork is also posted on the homepage of the Conference’s website.

Find out more at: http://bit.ly/1ruCt9w