Catalina Foothills Formal

Saylor Copening, Journalist

Board the Polar Express at Catalina Foothills annual winter formal! The dance starts at 8:00 to 11:45 at Ventana Canyon in the Kiva ballroom. The tickets cost a total of twenty-five dollars the week before formal and thirty dollars the week of. The week prior, is Spirit Week, where everyone has a chance to dress up and show school spirit. On Monday it was Pajama day, Tuesday was “Swinter” (summer and winter), Wednesday was meme day, Thursday was ugly sweater day, and Friday was your class colors! The day before the dance, there is a pep assembly to get everyone pumped up and excited. The theme of the dance is the polar express!

Nick Wilson and Henry Suter smiling for the camera at the Catalina Foothills Winter Formal.

Tejas Dalvi, a member of the Catalina Foothills Student Council, gives us some behind the scenes information on how student council put the dance together. They started the process by purchasing an order for the venue and from there they choose a theme and got it approved. After the location was settled they began negotiations with multiple DJ services including Main Events, Satyr, and Living Energy. In the end, they chose Satyr because they offered such a great deal! From there student council visited the venue and decided where each decoration should go and then they began to advertise it!

Catalina Foothills Formal