The Movies of the Summer

Tatum Lawrence, Journalist

The summer of 2018 is going to be a big one for movies. Many long-anticipated or very popular movies are going to be released! Now that Infinity War has been released, it’s difficult to even remember the other movies we’re preparing for this summer–everyone is still talking about how crazy the latest Avengers movie was. However, there are still a few other extremely huge movies coming out this summer that you should see during your summer break! Here are just a few of your options.

One of the most anticipated movies over the past few years, especially for Disney fans, is the release of Incredibles 2. There was a long period of debate about when the movie was going to be released, but since it was announced that Incredibles 2 was coming out this summer, fans went crazy! The movie will pick up where the first Incredibles movie left off, and it will be in theaters on June 15. Another exciting Disney movie being released will surely excite any sci-fi fans, specifically those who live Star Wars. Solo: A Star Wars Story is a spinoff movie for the beloved character, Han Solo, and his adventures as a younger man. The movie has some well-known actors and actresses, including Woody Harrelson, Donald Glover, and Emilia Clarke. Solo will be released to theaters on May 25, so you should definitely see it once we finish finals and this school year!

The Jurassic Park movies are world-renowned for their unique story concepts, and the Jurassic World movies are no different. The first movie in the Jurassic World set of sequels was very popular among moviegoers, and people can’t wait for the next movie, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, which is coming to theaters on June 22. It takes place four years after the destruction of Jurassic World from the first movie, and more adventures and drama ensue when the characters return to the area. Another action-packed movie that will excite Marvel fans is the July 6 release of Ant-Man and the Wasp, which once again stars Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lilly. It is a sequel to the 2015 Marvel movie Ant-Man, and this long-anticipated duo will once again star on the big screen this summer.

Movies are a popular part of our culture, and these movies will ensure that you have an action-packed summer full of movies. The summer of 2018 will certainly be a big time for new and anticipated movies that will attract audiences back again and again.

The Movies of the Summer