8 Things to Remember to be Thankful for

Nyah Williams, Journalist

As Thanksgiving nears, it is a good time to take a couple minutes to remember to be thankful. The whole idea of Thanksgiving is to give thanks to your family, friends, and community. Listed below are eight things you can focus on to be thankful for.

1. Family: They may drive you crazy but they will always be there for you.
  2. Friends: Studies show that hanging out with friends can help reduce stress.
  3. Pie: The sweet sweet scent of pie fills your house. Make sure to save room for the last piece of pie.
  4. Colder Weather: Tucson gets a little break from the dreadful heat for the next couple of months. It is time to find your sweaters and jeans that are hidden in the back of your closet. Be thankful for the ten degrees that dwindled away.
  5. Black Friday: Great deals for shopping and even if you don’t want to shop it is fun to stand back and watch the madness unfold.
  6. Thanksgiving dinner: The one time of the year that a full course feast is made in your very own home. Don’t take this opportunity to stuff your face for granted.
  7. Pumpkins: The pumpkin patches are closing and tree farms are opening up. Go get the last pumpkin of the season before the are gone until next Halloween.
  8. Sleep: We get almost a whole week off of school for Thanksgiving break. Take that time to catch up on any sleep that has been lost during the beginning portion of the school year.

This Thanksgiving focus on the positives. Find a moment of calm in your day and take that time to think of things that you are thankful for. Use your free time and energy to do the things you love and take your positive thoughts and gratitude into the new year.

8 Things to Remember to be Thankful for