Ending the School Year on a Strong Note

Image of a bubble in sheet for exams

Image of a bubble in sheet for exams

uwimages - Fotolia

uwimages - Fotolia

Image of a bubble in sheet for exams

Yusuf Rahman, Journalist

The school year is coming to an end, and the excitement is buzzing. But with that excitedness comes dread: dread for end-of-the-year exams. But it doesn’t have to be stressful. With smart study habits, you can end the school year on a strong note and earn a well-deserved break.

The best time to start studying for finals and AP exams, if you have them, is now. Procrastination is a significant stressor, and will almost always result in less than stellar results. Even dedicating just 20 or 30 minutes a day to reviewing concepts starting from the beginning of the year can keep the information fresh in your brain without overwhelming your schedule. Especially with AP exams, buying a review book for your class and studying the material is a great idea, as it is a concise way of presenting the information and ensures you do not forget everything that you learned from first semester or even early second semester. Not only this, but study groups are another effective way to study for finals and AP exams. Reviewing in groups immensely reduces the amount that you individually have to study, while still learning all of the material.

But aside from preparing for exams, it is important to maintain your work ethic. The year is not quite over yet and your grades can very easily drop if you get lazy. Alternatively, if you have not been putting as much effort as you should have been, now is the best time to start working harder, especially if you need to raise your grades. Waiting until the last week of the semester is not going to make any of your teachers happy, and you would probably not be satisfied with the grade you get.

May does not have to be a stressful month. By starting to study now and maintaining a hard-working attitude, you can end the year strong, and truly feel like you deserve summer.

Ending the School Year on a Strong Note