Lady Falcon’s Volleyball Invitational

Taylor Skidmore, Journalist

The varsity girls volleyball team hosted their Lady Falcon Invitational Volleyball Tournament in our own Catalina Foothills gymnasium. The tournament was a two-day tournament with schools from across Tucson invited to play. The schools included were CDO, Salpointe Catholic, Tanque Verde, Amphitheater, Flowing Wells, Cholla, Cienega, and Sahuaro, and of course, our own Catalina Foothills varsity team.

The Foothills team put up a good fight this weekend playing a total of 8 games over the two-days. On Friday October 6th, Foothills won two games and lost one, beating Amphitheater and Tanque Verde both in 2 sets, but lost to Cienega in 2 sets. On Saturday October 7th, Foothills played 5 games and played from 9am to 3pm. Playing a total of 5 hours is a tough thing to do, but the girls powered through and played to the best of their abilities. The Falcons defeated Flowing Wells, Sahuaro, and Tanque Verde again, all in 2 sets. The ladies also put up a good fight against Cienega for the second time, but lost in 2 sets. Their last match of the day was against Canyon del Oro and the match was to place third in the whole tournament. Unfortunately, CDO took the match in 2 sets, taking third place in the tournament.

Foothills ended the tournament in fourth place, with Cienega taking first out of the 9 teams in the tournament. This tournament did not affect Foothills’ regional standings and the girls Varsity team still has six games left in their season and the Mt. View Lion’s Den Invitational October 13th and 14th. Come out and support your Foothills Varsity Volleyball in hopes of success in the remainder of the season!     

Lady Falcon’s Volleyball Invitational