The Return of Foothills Pomline

Allyson Hadley, Journalist

This year marks the awaited return of the Catalina Foothills Pomline with new coaches Brooke Beckler and Miriam Frieden. The Pomline returned this year with a completely new structure and format. In previous years, the Pomline was a part of the CFHS marching band; including them in all band related activities such as performances and competitions at the football games and at places such as Northern Arizona University (NAU). The Pomline separated from the band, which it has been a part of for years, completely changing the program as a whole.

Pomline now falls under the category of athletics and is recognized by the Arizona Interscholastic Association, or AIA. Due to this new association, many changes have followed since. One of the main changes is that Pomline was no longer a class during the school day; instead, the Pomline practices twice before school (Monday and Tuesday) and twice after school (Wednesday and Thursday). The pommies perform at pep rallies, football games on sidelines and half time, and basketball games. The Pomline is starting a booster club in order to fundraise for upcoming competitions and the necessary transportation. The first competition that the Pomline has ever been to is a qualifier competition on November 11th. The girls are beginning to learn their competition dance in order to perfect it before the competition date.

The Pomline’s most recent performance was at the Catalina Foothills High School Homecoming pep rally. The girls worked extremely hard weeks leading up to the event to clean the dance and work on timing as well as performance aspects. Pomline’s main goal is to entertain the student body as well as providing a source of school spirit and Falcon pride for the school as a whole. Make sure to look out for the Pomline at the next football game and other events.  

The Return of Foothills Pomline