Tucson Roadrunners Hockey

Photo+Courtesy+of+Arizona+Daily+Star+
Photo Courtesy of Arizona Daily Star

Photo Courtesy of Arizona Daily Star

Photo Courtesy of Arizona Daily Star

Taylor Skidmore, Journalist

Although it may not feel like winter in Tucson, experiencing some winter themed activities is always a good way to try to make it feel like winter as much as possible. Going to a hockey game is a good way to make it actually feel little more like winter in Tucson. The Tucson Roadrunners hockey team has become a big part of society in Tucson and has become greatly popular around town. Come out and support hockey in Tucson!

The Tucson Roadrunners hockey team was established in 2016 and they are currently in the beginning of their season. The Roadrunners are presently standing in second place out of 15 teams in the American Hockey League. The team has a total of 17 wins and 10 losses as of the beginning of January. All of their home games are held at the Tucson Convention Center in the Tucson Arena. Ticket prices range from $10 to $56 based upon the location of the seats purchased. There are special packages for group events, birthdays, and special events. They also provide ticket memberships as well as a Student Rush Pass app for anyone-not just for students-that provides fans with last minute ticket deals and specials right to your phone. Food and souvenirs are of course provided at the games. At specific home games, there are $1 food nights and exciting themed games, such as 50s night, superhero night, and fan appreciation weekend in which fans can receive specialty prizes and promotions.

The Roadrunners will continue to have games through the middle of April and have several home games, so there’s many opportunities to come out and watch hockey even after the winter season has passed. The Roadrunners’ next few home games in January are Friday January 26th and Saturday January 27th at 7:05 pm in Tucson Arena. If you’re not busy and want to watch some hockey, while getting into the winter season, the Tucson Roadrunners will definitely provide you with a great game and great experience.

Tucson Roadrunners Hockey