Boys Soccer Road to State

Ethan Hotz, Sports Journalist

The boys’ soccer team started off the season on a bad note. After weeks of practice the team started to gain their confidence when playing together. The coaches worked hard to make sure that they would have the best team possible. The captains motivate the team to be a better squad. The season started off rough with a few losses, but then the team got used to how each other play and started to win more matches.A few of the team’s biggest wins were 7-1 against Tucson High, 7-1 against Mountain View, and 4-1 against Buena. The boys’ soccer team has improved immensely.

Conner Cosgrove, Ryan Whitney, and Jorge Garavito standing with the other captains from the opposing team

As the season came to an end the team slipped up against Salpointe Catholic losing 2-1 on senior night. The boys’ soccer team still made it to the playoffs even after a tough season. The boys’ soccer team played Washington High school in the first round. Washington High School had the same record as the Foothills team, but they played better than Foothills did and the team could not get the result they were looking for. After a great season however, the boys’ soccer team lost in the first round of playoffs; the team should still should receive a lot of respect for their hard work and determination.

Photo 1: credit: Ethan Hotz

Photo 2: credit: Ethan Hotz

Boys Soccer Road to State