NBA Playoff’s Who’s In

Ray Gomez, Journalist

The NBA Finals started last week and is your team in? There were many great teams that didn’t make the cut and some came down to one game to decide their chances. Teams that dominated their conferences were the Houston Rockets (Western conference) and Toronto Raptors (Eastern conference) each being ranked 1st in their conferences. But is your team in?

Western conference  

Following the Rocket in the West are the Golden State Warriors and Portland Trail Blazers, who secured the 2nd and 3rd spots in the playoffs. The rest of the conference includes Oklahoma City (4th), Utah (5th), New Orleans (7th), San Antonio (8th).But the eighth spot was still in the air between the Timberwolves and Nuggets. To decide who’s in they played a win or go home game, which took place on April, 11th and was a crazy game that lead to overtime. But in overtime the Timberwolves pulled away with the win (112-106) to secure them the 8th spot, wrapping up the Western conference.

Eastern conference

With the Raptor securing the 1st spot, the Boston Celtics (2nd), 76ers(3rd), Cleveland (4th), and the Indiana Pacers (5th) all secured their spots right after. But fighting for a better spot was the Wizards, Miami Heat, and the Bucks all only one game apart. But because the Heat have previously beat the Bucks in all three of their meetings the Heat get the 6th spot and the Bucks 7th. With the Wizards last game of the regular season they lost to the Magic and are stuck with the 8th spot. Is your team in?

NBA Playoff’s Who’s In