Legally Blonde Takes Over CFHS

Photo Credit: Marlise Karson

Photo Credit: Marlise Karson

Nikki Baim, Journalist

Legally Blonde is the story of Elle Woods, a UCLA graduate who attends Harvard Law in hopes of winning back her ex-boyfriend, Warner Huntington. He left her for her lack of “seriousness” and she figured law school was the way to change his mind.

At Harvard, Elle makes some unlikely friends, becomes the hero of the year’s biggest legal case and discovers true love, all before graduating as valedictorian of her class.

The show ran at Catalina Foothills High School from March 11 to March 19 and every show sold out. It took a brilliant cast to make the musical a success.

Elle was portrayed by CFHS senior, Samara Attridge. With a beautiful voice and exquisite acting, Samara brought the blonde lawyer to life. Everything from her hair to wardrobe screamed rich Californian turned lawyer.

Throughout the musical, Elle has a “Greek Chorus,” consisting of three of her sorority sisters, which appeared in her most indecisive moments. They supported her, not only as mentors in character, but also added extra strength to her voice in key songs such as the hit “Legally Blonde.”

Emmett Forrest, the man who steals Elle’s heart, was played by Justyn Zeider, a junior at CFHS. In the first act, Emmett came across as nerdy and only cared for his own advances in law, but as his character saw more time in the limelight, the more caring he became. By the end of the play, Elle and Emmett were an invincible team with pure intentions.

One of the unlikely friends Elle comes across in her story is Brooke Wyndham, an exercise guru. CFHS senior, Marlise Karson, played Brooke with great conviction. With the choreography and skill in the routine for “Whipped Into Shape,” it was evident how much time was put into the production.

The show was truly stolen by Colton Anderson, a CFHS senior who played Paulette. She becomes Elle’s BFF during her time at Harvard and together they learn to never give up. Paulette and Elle’s best moment was undeniably during the “Bend and Snap” number. The duo led a dance and song which thrilled the audience and gave everyone a good laugh.

The whole production was a complete success and couldn’t be done without tech and the orchestra whose lighting and music brought the show to life. Legally Blonde had the perfect balance of humor, promiscuity, fun and romance for a high school musical.

Everyone was proud of the final outcome and Lily Martinez said of their performance, “I am so lucky to have ended [highschool] with such an incredible show, cast and crew. I truly feel that we have become a family throughout these past months.”  
As one knows, the only thing that can make things better is puppies. A total of two real dogs appeared in the play, making the story much more realistic and causing the audience to react with the “awwww” effect.

• Legally Blonde Takes Over CFHS

Student Life

How to Prepare for Standardized Tests

• Legally Blonde Takes Over CFHS

Student Life

20 Things Every Freshman Should Know

• Legally Blonde Takes Over CFHS

Student Life

Lunchroom Segregation

• Legally Blonde Takes Over CFHS

Student Life

20 Things Every Incoming Senior Should Know

• Legally Blonde Takes Over CFHS

Student Life

Meet Erin Garrett

• Legally Blonde Takes Over CFHS

Student Life

Student Council Blood Drive

• Legally Blonde Takes Over CFHS

Student Life

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde Play Review

• Legally Blonde Takes Over CFHS

Student Life

October 7th: Fall Choral Concert

• Legally Blonde Takes Over CFHS

Student Life

Getting ready for Jekyll and Hyde

• Student Life

Are You Ready, Kids?

Legally Blonde Takes Over CFHS